Saturday 20 January 2018

Marc Jacobs Matte Highliner Gel Review

Hello Beautyholics,

Who would have thought that colour pop eyeliners would come back in fashion?


If you're like me, you probably stay away from colours when it comes to eye make-up. I like to keep things very basic and a black winged liner usually does the job.


However, last month I was very fortunate to have received a parcel from InfluensterUK, containing not one, but two complimentary samples of Marc Jacobs Highliners. I was really not expecting to receive the parcel so you could imagine my face when I opened the parcel *Screams of Excitement*.
I received a dark brown shade called 'Earthquake' and a pastel blue shade called 'Déja Blue'.

My initial reaction was, "WOW, I love the brown but what am I going to do with the blue"? SO, I started swatching and playing around with them. As I began swatching it, I realised just how creamy the eyeliners were, it felt like colouring in with a Crayon.


I then went on to try using it on my eyes. I must say, for someone who is used to doing their winged liner with a felt-tip pen, it was a struggle to get a neat wing with this pencil! Nonetheless, I still managed to get a 'neat-ish' line. When it came to the 'Deja Blue' shade, I was unsure about where to apply it. I had considered putting it on my water line, but I didn't think it would look appealing with my dark brown eyes. Instead, I chose to pop a little in the inner corner of my eye and just take it up a little.


I must say that, I was quite happy with how it turned out - Not bad for someone who only ever uses black liner!


I loved the durability of these, I did the make-up in the morning and by the evening the eyeliner had not smudged nor had it lost any pigmentation - 10/10 for that!

How about you, have you given these a go? I'd love to hear your reviews and how you used them! Share your comments below :)

❤️

   Love, ML x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© TheBeautyholicGirl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig