Tuesday 5 September 2017

Favourite Lipstick and Lip liner combo


TADA, I'm back!

This time I'm going to cut it short with the soppy excuses as to why I've been absent (yet again!) from the blogging scene. Let's just say, I have been super busy with every day life and finally I'm slowly regaining some time to myself to focus on doing what I love.

So, to ease myself back into this whole shebang, I thought I would do a quick post on my favourite lip combo of ALL time!

As you know, when it comes to lipsticks I like to keep things simple. Nudes are and will, always remain my go-to lipstick shades. I don't know what it is about them but I just feel comfortable whenever I'm wearing a nude lipstick. I find that it easily goes with any outfit and regardless of the occasion, a nude lippy will never cease to be in fashion.

Of course, as you can probably imagine, I have tried a tonne of different brands and shades on the hunt to find the PERFECT nude...and believe me, I have tried way too many at the expense of my bank account.

Anyhoo, this time last year I thought I had found THE ONE... It came in the simple black sleek packaging, with the brand name written across the lid in silver writing. You guessed it, it was a MAC. If you've already read my post about my favourite MAC lippys you'd know how much of a sucker I am for MAC lipsticks, in particular any of their matte shades.

I find MAC lipsticks very long wearing, to the point where if I forget to reapply my lipstick after lunch at work, it doesn't matter too much because I know that there will always be a hint of colour on my lips.

With this lip combo, I had originally found the MAC lipstick in shade "Honeylove" to be my favourite nude. I then soon came across the Charlotte Tilbury lipliners and fell in love with "Iconic Nude". These two together were just what I thought to be, the perfect nude lip combo. The Charlotte Tilbury lip pencils are by far, the BEST lip pencils I have ever come across. Yes, that's it, they're even better than MAC's. No word of a lie, they stay on all day and are super easy to apply as opposed to some MAC lip pencils that require you to go over your lips a few times until you can see some colour.

However, just as I thought I had found the perfect lip combo, I came across an even better match! This time, it also came in a black sleek packaging and went by the name "Yash". As opposed to Honeylove, Yash is a lot more of what I would call a true nude lippy with brown undertones. Coupled with the Charlotte Tilbury Iconic nude lip pencil it was the Purrrfect match!

So, what can I say, for those of you girlies who really like pink and are after a nude colour lippy, I recommend trying out the Honeylove. If like me, you're really into the browns and true nudes, you've definitely got to try out Yash.

I thought I'd post a picture below of them both to find out which one you girls like best! (They look very similar on camera ;))

I'd also love to hear what your favourite nude lipsticks are, so let me know below! :)

❤️

   Love, ML x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© TheBeautyholicGirl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig