Thursday 13 August 2015

MAC nudes favourites

A natural look with nude lips are right up my street for an everyday look. 

I'm not very daring when it comes to lippy's because I don't like to attract too much attention to my lips. So, when it comes to lipsticks I prefer nudes over colours. 

Whilst looking through my make up bag the other day, I realised that most of my favourite lipsticks are actually MAC nudes. Since I know many of you beauty lovers are suckers for MAC I thought I'd share these beauties with you :) 
First (from the left) is Pretty Please, this is a baby pink shimmery shade which is part of the MAC "lustre" range. I find this one to be not very pigmented as one coat almost comes out clear on the lips. It is probably my least favourite of the few, but only because I have started to go-off light pink colours. Nevertheless, it is still a very cute colour and I enjoy wearing it on days where I have minimal make-up on.
Second from left is Creme in your Coffee this is a gorgeous winter lippy. I love wearing this on winter days where I am wearing thick plain jumpers as it just add a bit of colour to my face. This is a cremesheen so the texture is quite creamy and dewy-making it even better for winter as it stops you getting dry lips.

The middle one is the V shade that's part of MAC's "Viva Glam" collection. It is definitely one that I enjoy wearing in the summer as it's quite shimmery and I find that the glitter is visible on the lips. It is probably the ones I have used the least as I am not as much of a fan of shimmery lipsticks. But I certainly still really like it. I'd say one of the down sides of this one is that the shimmers make the texture a bit "granulated" and it feels a bit rough on your lips. I also find that as a result of this it can be a bit drying.


This next one is probably my most used from the five lipsticks shown above and as you can probably recognise it it's Creme Cup. This was my go-to lipstick throughout the whole of last summer. Pink is my favourite colour so I literally LOVED this lipstick. Once again it was part of MAC's "cremesheen's" so it's quite a dewy texture which keeps your lips moisturised during the day.

Last but not least is my current favourite Honey Love. I have been wearing this one every day for the past 4 months. I absolutely love it! It is part of the MAC "matte" range- initially I was a bit hesitant to try it because I find that mattes can be a bit drying but actually this one is quite a dewy matte. It's very long lasting (even after meals) and it's a MUST-have addition to a "nudes" collection. 


Personally if I was to recommend 2 of these as "must-have" nudes, my pick would definitely be Honey Love and Creme Cup. I would also add in Hue as it is another one of my fave's that I have bought over and over again :)

Here are some swatches of each one I mentioned (in the order that they're listed above) to give you a better idea of what they look like.



Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed!

  ❤️

   Love, ML x
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. I love this post. Mostly because I love MAC lipsticks and I love nude lipsticks and I adore MAC Nude Lipsticks!!

    withloveamrit♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Amrit, Thank you! :) I love MAC nudes too!
      Followed you on bloglovin too.

      Love ML x

      Delete
  2. Great post, mac lipsticks are my fave! Patisserie is a lovely nude shade x

    itseverythingerin.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Creme Cup and Honey Love look like absolutely stunning nudes! Never actually tried a Mac lipstick but I keep meaning to buy one, I'm just not sure which haha

    Megan x / megaanalicec.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Megan,
      Thanks for the comment. Yes they are my two favourites and I can't really pick between the two. One that I recommend going for if you're new to MAC is "HUE". Its a gorgeous shade, slightly less pigmented than the creme cup and it's a bit more on the nude side :) x

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed this post! some inspiration for a new nude lippie!

    http://tashaforrest.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tasha,
      I'm glad I could help :) If you're from the UK-southern east region, feel free to join the East Anglia Bloggers community which I have just set up with Tracey Dean :) x

      Delete
  5. Creme cup is such a staple and a classic for anyone! X

    Shopping day attire on-
    hailandharmony.blogspot.ie
    // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey love looks gorgeous! Lovely post xxx

    http://brightdreamerz.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing seeing as I've been looking for a new nude lipstick for ages! thankyou! love the blog too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chloe, I'm glad this post could help :) Thank you :)
      MLx

      Delete
  8. Oh my sweet lord I LOVE 'Creme in my coffee', that's just gorgeous. I'm so into brown-y shade lipsticks at the moment as they seem to be just as easy to wear as nudes but just a little more striking! Love your blog and have followed on Bloglovin'. Please feel free to check mine out too!

    -Ruby Xx

    Another Ruby Tuesday / Student Fashion, Lifestyle and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© TheBeautyholicGirl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig