Thursday 11 August 2016

What to bring to University




Hello lovelies,

I figured that during the next upcoming month there will be lots of you getting ready to embark on the next chapter of your lives...University. 

Having been through it all before and I realise how stressful this time may be for you. Getting everything together and ensuring that you are well prepared before the big "Moving in day" is something that we've all dreaded doing before. I still remember buying a whole pack of notepads and filling them up with things that I felt I needed to bring with me to university. I remember spending hours on websites and student forums reading up on lists telling you what you need to bring to uni. However, I thought I'd try to save you all some time and give you a list of items that you will most probably need. 

Be aware though, that some of these things may vary depending on the accommodation that you will be staying in. So be sure to check what your accommodation will be providing you with before you go off and buy everything you see below! 

I have split it all up into sections to make it a little bit easier for you to read. But I hope that you'll find it helpful! 

Bedroom

🔸Duvets
🔸Duvet sheets
🔸Pillows and pillow cases 
🔸Under blanket /mattress protector (some uni's may already provide this)
🔸Laundry basket 
🔸Room decorations- picture frames, fairy lights, posters, candles, cushions
🔸Alarm clock (although you can probably use your phones now a days)
🔸Rubbish bin
🔸Door wedge 
🔸Warm blanket to throw on your bed
🔸Hot water bottle 

Kitchen

🔸Saucepans/ frying pan/wok 
🔸Crockery (forks/spoons/knifes) x4 of each
🔸 Washing up liquid 
🔸 Sponge for the dishes
🔸 Glasses min x2 
🔸 Mugs x2 
🔸 Drying cloth
🔸 Surface cloth

Toiletries

🔸 Hand, body wash shampoos, conditioner, moisturiser etc 
🔸 Shower puff
🔸 Toothbrush and toothpaste
🔸 Your skin care items 
🔸 Make-up remover
🔸 Bath towels/ hand towels/ face towels (x2)
🔸 Hair dryer 
🔸 Hair brushes / straighteners/ curling tongs 
🔸 Girly bits (tampons/sanitary towels) etc
🔸 Retainers/contact lenses etc 
🔸 Plasters
🔸 Tweezers
🔸 Nail clippers
🔸 Pain killers and antiseptic creams

University essentials

Bare minimum to begin with -wait for the sales to come on!!
🔸 Folders and filing envelopes 
🔸 A4 pads and notebooks to take notes 
🔸 Diary/ planner
🔸 Pencil case
🔸 Pens and pencils
🔸 Ruler
🔸 Highlighters
🔸 sellotape 
🔸 Post-it notes
🔸 Calculator
🔸 Reading list (most universities will provide you with one in advance)
🔸 Tippex
🔸 Blue Tack
🔸 Stapler and staples
🔸 Language dictionaries (if you're studying languages)

Other

🔸 Cleaning products for kitchen and bathrooms (bleach/ Mr muscle/ wet wipes etc)

This is a list of the products that I had brought with my to university and I found that I had everything I needed to get through living alone at uni! 

I hope that if you haven't already completed a list, you will be able to go by this post and be ready for the next chapter of your life. 


Thanks for reading!


❤️

   Love, ML x


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Great post! Definitely helpful for future reference :)
    Kathy x
    www.alongcamekathy.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete

© TheBeautyholicGirl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig