Wednesday 1 June 2016

NEW Revlon Dramatic Definition Mascara Review

Hello there Beautyholicgirls,

I hope you're all well :D

As promised I am back with another make-up review. 
I did mention in my previous blog post that I would be making sure that I am blogging more frequently this summer, so here I am! :)

As you can tell from the title of this blog post, today I will be reviewing the Revlon Dramatic Definition Mascara which I received in May's Glossybox. I am usually not a "definition" girl as I tend to prefer volume and lengthening mascaras over definition, however, I thought I would try this one out to see how it would work on my lashes. 

As you can tell from the picture it comes with a plastic wand with very fine and close bristles. I don't know whether I have mentioned this before but, I find that plastic wands really do not work anywhere near as well as fibre ones on my lashes. I have lots of very fine long lashes and what I usually find is that plastic wands clump them all together and do not help to bring out their maximum length. 

Upon noticing that this was a plastic wand, I instantly had an idea in mind of how my lashes were going to look but, I went ahead to try it anyway. 
Below are some pictures of my eyelashes before and after the mascara application. 
As you can see, the eyelashes are quite clumped which confirmed my initial thought. However, I did find that if I used just one coat it did quite a good job at defining the lashes without clumping. It wasn't until the second coat that it started to just add lots of product and clumping the lashes. As you can see from the picture below, my lashes look quite clumpy and there isn't much definition.
On the whole, I think that it it's not a bad mascara and I would not give it a bad rating. Unfortunately though, it didn't work for me as I have tried a lot better. Based on this I would score it a 7/10. In terms of price, I think it's a bit too highly priced at £9.99 as personally I wouldn't say it was worth more than £5.99. 

Finally, I wish to say that of course this is just my own personal opinion about the product but I have read lots of other great reviews about it. I think for myself and the types of lashes that I have I would have been better off with their Volume or Volume and Length mascara which appear to come with fibre bristles. 

I think that this mascara would probably work quite well for those who have quite short and thick lashes. Or even, those who only like to wear one coat of mascara. 
However, if you like"spider-leg" fluffy lashes like myself, there are better options! 

Have you tried this mascara before? I would like to know how you have got on, or even if there was anyone who has tried any of the other Revlon ones? :) 

Thank you all for reading, I hope you enjoyed this! 

❤️

   Love, ML x

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I'm like you, I prefer fibre wands to plastic wands. But this still does a decent job on your lashes! And this post has made me realise that I have actually never tried any Revlon mascaras. I should probably do that.

    Lauren | Lauren the Daydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren!
    I know, very few people prefer fibre ones over plastic wands but I really don't get on with them!
    Yes you should definitely give their new ones a go! Although, maybe you should try the pink or the green one if you like fibre wands :) xx

    ReplyDelete

© TheBeautyholicGirl | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig